Friday, July 16, 2021

The Greatest Gift

A thought nugget for a mid-July Friday...




Also, a not-too-subtle reminder to Yours truly to thank again, in this space, all who have contributed to "Pop Pop's Final Stomp Through The Five Boroughs" in support of my efforts for the good people of Stomp the Monster in this year's New York City Marathon.  If you want to check out what this mission is all about, here is where you may do so.   It occurred to me while I was running the other morning that the last time I ran the New York City Marathon,  Maggie was my only grandchild.  This November, as I begin my trek on the Staten Island side of the Verrazano Bridge, I shall do so thinking of my five grandchildren, since Cal, Abby, Rylan, and Shea have filled out my Fab Five.  

Five boroughs.  Five grandchildren.  I believe that is what one calls symmetry. 

Now, if I could only figure out which one to bribe to run the 59th Street Bridge for old Pop Pop.  

It is only mid-July.  I have a bit of time to figure it out.  

-AK 


No comments:

Post a Comment