Saturday, February 12, 2022

A Casualty of War



Far too many families I have been fortunate to know over the course of my life have been impacted by suicide.  Irrespective of the age of the loved one each family has lost, the loss is immeasurable and the hole left in the hearts of those forced to say goodbye too soon never truly closes completely.

Earlier this week, I saw the story in the New York Post reporting the death of Jeremy Giambi, younger brother of perennial All-Star Jason Giambi who, himself, had played for several years in the big leagues.  Yesterday, I saw the follow-up story, which disclosed that his cause of death was a self-inflicted gunshot wound.  

I never met Jeremy Giambi.  I know not what he had endured that pushed him to the point where dying apparently appeared to be more appealing to him than living.  I know simply that I am sorry for him and I am sorry for those he loved and those he loved most of all that it did.




-AK 


No comments:

Post a Comment