Monday, April 1, 2024

A Day for Cake

 
Rob and Me - Yankee Stadium 2009

The significantly-better looking member of the duo in this now-almost-fifteen-year-old photograph celebrates a birthday today.  I have any number of more recent photographs in which Rob and I are together, but this one has been a favorite of mine from the time it was taken for it was taken while I was doing something I love with someone I love.  The definition of time well-spent.  




It thrills me to no end that Rob has never been burdened, not even for a minute, by being forced to go through life carrying my DNA.   Truthfully, the man he has become has significantly more to to with him than it ever has had to do with me.  My hope is to one day day be as good a man as my son is today.  I have quite a bit of ground to cover, I know.  I reckon I better get started. 

Happy Birthday, Rob, and much love always. 

-AK 



No comments:

Post a Comment