Saturday, October 9, 2021

Not So Many As We Used To Be

 I remember the Summer of '85,
it was the last one of my youth...


I was unaware, until I saw something posted on social media earlier this week, today is Homecoming/Fall Fair Day at ye olde high school alma mater.  A lifetime ago, when I went to school there, Homecoming was my favorite day of the school year.  The stakes seemed much higher in each team's Homecoming game than they did on any other fall Saturday.  Were they?  Truthfully, at this stage in my life, I cannot answer that question with any semblance of certainty.  The twin disablers of time and age have wrought havoc on this old man's memory.  

A lifetime ago, the Class of '85 was comprised of fifty-seven students.  Fifty-seven.  While I cannot pretend to have kept abreast of the life movements of all my former classmates, I do know that time has thinned our ranks, claiming to date at least five of us.  




Wardlaw-Hartridge School Class of '85
Tempora et Mores


...It was when I finally finished growing up,
and learned to face the truth.

-AK 



No comments:

Post a Comment