Saturday, November 5, 2022

It’s Mo Time

One year ago today, I was packing an overnight bag for my trip into the City with the Missus for my participation in the 2021 TCS New York City Marathon.   Or as I like to call it, the New York City 15K for I made it only 9.3 miles before I came off the course, which I did in Brooklyn.   

This year, having come to terms with the fact that I am no longer Marathon-worthy, I have devised a different way to make November worthwhile.  I am taking part in Movember, which I have always understood to be a fundraiser in which the clean shaven grow (or try to grow) a mustache for charity.  As someone whose beard and mustache have occupied space on my face for thirty years or so, I had always felt left out.  Not any longer.  

Apparently this year a wrinkle was added to Movember.  Now both the presently-mustached and the eternally baby-faced can do our part without having to grow a ‘Stache.  I am.  I am running sixty miles over course of this month to raise money for this fundraiser, which is geared towards “guy” health issues including various forms of cancer.  

If the mood moves you to help out and you do not want to run, then you can check out my fundraising  page, which is:   https://us.movember.com/mospace/14927076.  




Fats and I thank you for your support.  

-AK 





No comments:

Post a Comment