Friday, December 16, 2022

Fragile

Perhaps this final act was meant
To clinch a lifetime’s argument
That nothing comes from violence
And nothing ever could
For all those born beneath an angry star
Lest we forget how fragile we are.
- “Fragile”
Sting


I rarely watched Ellen DeGeneres’ television talk show.   I have no anti-Ellen agenda.   I have a job.  My working hours conflicted with hers so watch I did not.  

That being said, I have seen enough clips of her show on-line that I know the role Stephen “tWitch” Boss played on it and what a talented gentleman he was.   I did not know, until I saw the tragic news earlier this week that at age forty he had taken his own life, he was a husband and he and his wife, Allison Holker Boss, were the parents of three children - the oldest of whom is just fourteen.  

Far too many families are ravaged by suicide.  This week, the Boss family added its name to that tragically sad roll.  




Remember always that you never can tell what someone else is going through, regardless of their demeanor.   Remember, too, how fragile we all are.   

-AK


No comments:

Post a Comment