Saturday, December 3, 2022

Sixty-Six and Chilly

 Mothers never really die, 
They just keep the house up in the sky.
They polish the sun by day
And light the stars that shine at night,
Keep the moonbeams silvery bright
And in the heavenly home above
They wait to welcome home those they love. 
-Unknown






Today marks sixty-six months to the day since Mom died.  Sixty-six months.   I will spend a portion of it in New Brunswick.  Today is the 20th Annual Big Chill 5K, which does good for children in our area who otherwise would not know any semblance of “merry” at Christmas.   It is among my favorite events annually.  

The Big Chill 5K is also the race that started it all for me way back when in December 2008.  Wilma talked me into running with her.  Had she not been there I would have curled up in the fetal position while climbing up George Street and never would have finished.  I think she still laughs at the memory of me that morning.   I know I do.  


-AK





No comments:

Post a Comment