Wednesday, January 11, 2023

Dreamin' These Dreams For Free




Now, it's over that ridge for one last mile
'Til we're fast asleep by the fire side
Dreamin' these dreams for free
Yeah, it's just my dog and me
"My Dog and Me"
-John Hiatt


It is my faithful canine running companion's fifth birthday today.  There is no truth to the rumor that she ate her birthday card shortly after this photograph was taken.  


Sam I Am & her "Boop! It's Your Birthday" Card


She has been an invaluable member of our family since we adopted her from Home for Good Dogs Rescue in Berkeley Heights when she was but twelve weeks old.  She arrived in our home just three weeks after we had to put Rosie down.  Sam had big paws to fill.   She has filled them.  



The Nappers (sharing the Kennedys blanket)


I hope that as she grows older she still enjoys playing Dingo and that she still enjoys running with me.  She is a source of great joy in my life.  


The Six-Legged, Two-Animal Running Team


More than that, she is a source of great joy for Joe, Margaret, and me.  Not to mention companionship and comfort - especially during the early stages of the COVID-19 pandemic, which is when this photograph was taken... 



Front Porch Photo - March 2020


Happy Birthday, Fats.  



Sam I Am - Christmas 2022


May we continue to keep dreaming these dreams for free. 


-AK 











No comments:

Post a Comment