Monday, January 2, 2023

The Beach and The Wave

 I'm the rhythm in your tune
I'm the sun and you're the moon
I'm the bat and you're the cave
You're the beach and I'm the wave (brand new day)
"Brand New Day"
-Sting


I suppose there might be places on this earth as beautiful as the Jersey Shore where one could have greeted 2023.   As I personally can attest to, based upon my sunrise run on New Year's Day, there is no place more beautiful.



Eighth Avenue Beach - Normandy Beach
10 minutes to sunrise January 1, 2023



Eighth Avenue Beach - Normandy Beach
10 minutes to sunrise January 1, 2023


After checking out the view from our beach, I ran south.  A few minutes later, I ran up Silver Beach Road and onto Silver Beach.  Silver Beach is where Margaret spent every July with the kids and her mom and her grandmother thirty-plus years ago.  I reached the beach roughly four minutes before sunrise.  


Silver Beach Road Beach - Silver Beach
4 minutes to sunrise January 1, 2023 



Silver Beach Road Beach - Silver Beach
4 minutes to sunrise January 1, 2023



Silver Beach Road Beach - Silver Beach
4 minutes to sunrise January 1, 2023


Beginning the year in this place, taking in this beauty, gives me hope.  It gives me hope for 2023.  And as you may have heard, hope is a good thing.  


-AK 









No comments:

Post a Comment