Friday, May 26, 2023

'Cause Summer's Here

 

For as long as I can remember, I have been an avid Bruce Springsteen fan.  For as long as  I have been a Bruce Springsteen fan, Racing in the Street has been my favorite song.  Today, as Memorial Day Weekend heralds the beginning of the Summer of '23, even more than on any other day, it strikes an even more resounding chord.  

I have lived my entire life in a part of the world that experiences all four seasons.  While I am no fan of winter, I accept its presence in my life.  It exists to hone my appreciation for summer and for time spent in a place I love more than any other, the Jersey shore, with the person I love more than any other, Margaret, simply appreciating the life we have worked hard - and continue to work hard at daily - to make for ourselves and for our family.  

Life is not easy.  Then again, nothing worth doing ever is.  Again, this year we have made it through the winter and have arrived at our reward for our perseverance.  Summer's here.  The time is right.  Do yourself the great favor of not squandering any of it.  Not even a single second. 

-AK 

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Summer is for me the assurance that everything we said, did, endured and worked for during the rest of the year was worth it.
    I take a deep breath and exhale and reminisce about summers past. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kB1d0eey5ho&t=1s&ab_channel=BruceSpringsteenVEVO

    ReplyDelete