Thursday, May 11, 2023

Forever Buffs

Today is Graduation Day for the University of Colorado, Boulder’s Class of 2023.  Thirty-four years ago, it was the Class of 1989’s turn.  

CU Graduation 
May 12, 1989 B.B.
(Before Beard)

Actually, it was thirty-four years ago tomorrow.  I know because I keep my CU diploma framed on a wall in my office…and while my eyesight is not what it once was, I can still make out the date.  My thanks to whomever insisted on such large font.  


Passing of the Ceremonial Cap 
May 12, 1989
(Jay Bauer taking the handoff)


May this year’s graduating Buffaloes enjoy a day that shall resonate in their memory for at least the next thirty-four years.  May the days that follow this one bring them much luck, much love, and much peace.  


Mom and Me 
Graduation - May 12, 1989
(“Adsey” custom cap)


Shoulder to Shoulder.  Same as it ever was.  

-AK






No comments:

Post a Comment