Tuesday, November 30, 2021

Every Picture Tells A Story

Ah, Benjamin Franklin, thou art a heartless Founding Father...




Being a frugal little fellow, I availed myself of the MarathonFoto pre-Marathon discount and purchased my "Race Day" photo package in the week leading up to the Marathon.  $20.00 saved is $20.00 saved, as my great great grandpa Phineas might have said. 

As it turns out, between the starting corrals in Staten Island and the 15K mark on Bedford Avenue in Brooklyn, there were not a lot of photo opportunities for Yours truly.  In fact, there were quite a few less than "not a lot".  There were allegedly four - although one of the four turned out to be of two people posing together pre-race, neither of whom was me.  

Of the three "race day" photos I purchased, none sums up the day better than the one they captured of me as I walked towards the starting line with the rest of my corral compadres.  


As it turns out, a photograph of me in immediate proximity to
containers filled with discarded clothes summed up my 2021
NYC Marathon experience perfectly. 


I must confess that I have never looked quite as handsome as I did in the second of my Race Day photos.  I recognize that the absence of my face and head from this photograph improves its aesthetics immeasurably. 


That's me doing my Ichabod Crane imitation on the streets of Brooklyn


The third and final photograph in my now absurdly- expensive MarathonFoto New York City Marathon package of Race Day photos actually shows me in action - running in the race.  In view of the fact that I only covered 9.3 miles, its existence might be the most anomalous of the trio. 


The 2021 New York City Marathon's answer to D.B. Cooper


As if the sense of profound disappointment and regret that I shall carry with me forever was not a good enough reminder of the 2021 New York City Marathon, now I have these three photographs to remind me too.   

Yay! 

-AK 






1 comment:

  1. Third shot looks like your reaction to being asked if you wanted 'wallet sized' as well.

    ReplyDelete