Saturday, November 20, 2021

Never Too Hot to Not Trot



This morning after a one-year hiatus one of my favorite off-season events returns to the streets of Manasquan, New Jersey.   After Covid put the kibosh on it last year, as Sandy had done to its linear predecessor, the Turkey Trot, in 2012, the Manasquan Turkey Run is, well, is up and running.  

Fresh off my first appointment Thursday night with my new orthopedic/sports medicine doctor, Dr. David Abrutyn, at which he confirmed that my left knee issue is nothing more or less than arthritis behind my kneecap, I shall toe the line for the first time since I morphed the New York City Marathon into the New York City 15K thirteen days ago.   I aim this morning to run the entire race (proving that I am not too old to try something new).  Just in case though, I have asked the intrepid Jeff Grubb to man a post at or about the 1.6 mile mark, should I decide roughly 1/3 of the way through the race that I am tapping out.   

Here’s to hoping everyone has a great Turkey Run Saturday.   A great event in a great town for a great cause and a reminder that even when it is late November and summer feels so very far away, down the Shore everything is indeed alright.  




-AK



No comments:

Post a Comment