Saturday, November 13, 2021

Running the Day




This morning, I am going to lace up my running shoes and go for my first run since the New York City 15K last Sunday.  While this will be the first time I have tested my balky left knee by running on it since Sunday afternoon, I have tested it via agility drills all week, navigating my way around, over, and through the extra chairs, toys, and random detritus strewn all over our house for the past week that one associates with the temporary addition of five humans and one canine to one's living space.  

For the past seven days, peace has eluded me.   Today, I intend to disembark from the struggle bus and to take the first steps towards reclaiming it...




...even if I have to pause every now and again to walk. 


-AK 

No comments:

Post a Comment