Monday, June 21, 2021

Blue Jay Way

In the three decades that I have lived in the Borough of Middlesex, I have actually spent scant little time in town (other than to sleep).   Neither of my two kids went to school in the Middlesex Public Schools and while I rooted enthusiatically for Margaret's nephews, Joe and Frank, while each played football and wrestled in high school, I have not set foot on the high school's property since Frank graduated.  He will be twenty-nine next month.  

While I know neither the coaches nor the young men who represent the high school as its baseball team, I have long been impressed by this little town's ability to produce top-notch baseball talent.  It is nothing short of uncanny.  On Saturday afternoon, Middlesex High School captured its third Group I State Championship since 2017 when it defeated New Providence 4-3 in thirteen innings.  

It was the third straight game, beginning with the Central Jersey Group I Championship and continuing with the State Group I Semi-Finals and, finally, Saturday afternoon's Group I Championship, in which Middlesex won in its final at-bat.  

It is the Blue Jay Way

-AK 

No comments:

Post a Comment