Saturday, June 5, 2021

Bolder on the Run

Weather scuttled our plans to spend the Memorial Day Weekend at the beach.  The Missus and I headed north fairly early in the day on Saturday.  While it had been my intention to complete my 10K run for the 2021 Bolder Boulder by running along the water at the Shore on Saturday morning, I ended up fulfilling my obligation shortly after sunrise in Middlesex on Memorial Day.  

Well, a bit of clarification is in order here.  I commenced fulfillment of my obligation shortly after sunrise.  It took me slightly more than sixty-seven minutes to complete it. 




Clearly, no land speed records were broken by Yours truly.  Nevertheless, it was nice to participate and it was a pleasant surprise to learn that I could still run 6.2 miles.  


Proof of Life Photograph


It was also nice to honor Margaret's great uncle, Pat Barbato, who was tragically killed in action by friendly fire on July 25, 1944.  




For me, no run through Middlesex is complete without me spending a moment to pay my respects at Middlesex Borough's September 11 Memorial.  Monday morning, having been gifted an American flag by the good people of the Bolder Boulder, when I stopped, I placed it there on my way home near the end of my run. 


Middlesex Borough September 11 Memorial


Time well spent, from beginning to end.

-AK 








No comments:

Post a Comment