Monday, June 28, 2021

One Final Stomp

Sunday, November 7, 2021 is the 50th edition of the New York City Marathon.  In 2015, having gotten into the Marathon through the lottery, I ran it solo.  I did not train properly for it, I struggled through it and crossed the finish line in five hours and seventeen minutes.  

In 2016 and 2017, I ran the Marathon as part of the Team Stomp the Monster Charity Team.  Stomp the Monster is a New Jersey-based 501 (c)(3) not-for-profit that provides assistance to cancer patients and to their families.   They are a great group doing great work for a great cause.  

When I crossed the finish line in Central Park in 2017, I did not anticipate the day when I would once again be running the New York City Marathon.  As it turned out, that day has arrived.  This past Friday, I spoke with Tracey Levine of Stomp the Monster.  STM had three slots to fill on their charity team.  Now, they have two.  

At age fifty-four, I am confident that the 2021 New York City Marathon is the final marathon I shall run.  I do it with two goals.  First, to raise money for Team Stomp the Monster.  Second, to complete the marathon in under five hours.  

If you are inclined to help with the former, then you can do so here.   As for the latter, it is a self-help project every step of the way.  

-AK 

No comments:

Post a Comment