Friday, June 4, 2021

The Wisdom of Whitman

I have a favorite place.  I have a favorite time of day.  I never feel more at peace than at those moments when I am at their point of intersection. 




This past weekend proved, meteorologically speaking, to be less than ideal start to the summer.   Friday morning, however, was exceptional.  


Spring Lake September 11 Memorial shortly before sunrise
May 28, 2021


Spring Lake a few minutes after sunrise
May 28, 2021


Belmar several minutes after sunrise
May 28, 2021



17th Avenue Beach - Belmar several minutes after sunrise
May 28, 2021

Once upon a lifetime ago - or what feels as if it was a lifetime ago - I would arise early to run long distances.  I rarely, if ever, run long distances any more.  I have come to realize that it is not the amount of ground covered that counts.  It is the destination.  

My destination?   Peace.  

It is, indeed, beautiful. 

-AK 










 

No comments:

Post a Comment