Friday, June 11, 2021

Looking Forward To A Trip Across Canola Fields

 Take my hand Marie
Take a death grip on some part of me
Keep me from drifting out to sea
Or I'll be lost out there.
"Canola Fields"
-James McMurtry

Wednesday afternoon, my brother Bill shared two great pieces of information with me.  First, on August 20, 2021, James McMurtry is releasing his next album, The Horses and The Hounds, about which he himself says, "The ghost of Warren Zevon seems to be stomping around among the guitar tracks.  Don't know how he got in there.  He never signed on for work for hire."  I pre-ordered my copy on Wednesday night. 

He also shared with me the first song McMurtry has released/dropped from the new record...




...and it is terrific. 

-AK 


1 comment:

  1. I, too, put it on pre-order and am counting down the days...

    ReplyDelete