Wednesday, March 9, 2022

"A Plea for Our Common Humanity"

I am constrained to admit that I am a product of the 1980s.  I graduated from elementary school, high school, and college in the 1980s.   I was in college when Sting, having parted ways with his bandmates in The Police and headed out on his own, released his first solo album.  Somewhere, someplace, I likely still have my copy of The Dream of the Blue Turtles.   I loved it when I first heard it.  I still do.  

World events these days have had me spending quite a bit of time humming and singing softly (for the benefit of those around me) one of the tracks from that first record.  




As it turns out, I am not the only 1980s stalwart who has spent a lot of time recently thinking about how timely, sadly so of course, "Russians" is once more.  




-AK






1 comment: