Thursday, March 24, 2022

Wide Awake and In Pain

 
It's the weight of the world but it's nothing at all
Light as a prayer and then I feel myself fall
You've got to give me a minute
'Cause I'm way down in it and I can't breathe 
So I can't speak
I want to be strong and steady, always ready
Now I feel so small, 
I feel so weak.
"Anxiety" 
-Jason Isbell and the 400 Unit 


If you are unfamiliar with Jason Isbell, then feel free to use this otherwise eminently forgettable piece of prose as your introduction.  I am not as familiar with him as I would like.  I intend to remedy that flaw in my character. 

One down.  One million to go.  






Anxiety
Why am I never where I am supposed to be?
Even with my lover sleeping close to me
I'm wide awake and I'm in pain.
"Anxiety" 
-Jason Isbell and the 400 Unit


-AK


No comments:

Post a Comment