Tuesday, October 27, 2020

As Ben E. King's Voice Fills The Air...

They say that love, it comes and goes
But darling what, what do they know
I'm reaching for heaven, we'll make it there
Darling it's just the power of prayer.
Baby it's just the power of prayer. 
"The Power of Prayer"
Bruce Springsteen

For the better part of the past three decades, as people who know my wife and me have struggled to understand what exactly is in it for her in our relationship, I have often deflected their comments by acknowledging that "once she sobers up, I'm in serious trouble", which is often good for a laugh.  

Proof perhaps of the old adage about the best humor containing a kernel of truth is how well-stocked I keep my liquor cabinet. Better safe than solo.  As a very wise man once observed, "A man has got to know his limitations."  

Today is Margaret's birthday.  I hope that it is as filled with joy for her as my days are filled with joy because of her.    She is an extraordinary woman, my wife.  I love her more than my limited language skills permit me to adequately express. 


Margaret at Uncle Vinnie's - 10/24/2020
Photo Credit: AK 


Happy Birthday, Shmoop.  


-AK 






No comments:

Post a Comment