Wednesday, October 21, 2020

You Gotta Be Tough, But That Ain't Enough...

It's all about soul.

While I was reading something on-line yesterday morning, I came across the trailer for "Soul", which is a Disney/Pixar film originally intended for release in theaters, but which now shall stream on Disney + beginning on Christmas.  

As someone who is proud to be Pop Pop to five extraordinary grandchildren, including three of whom whose attention can likely be held by a feature-length animated film (no disrespect intended towards Rylan or Shea but neither will even be a year old by Christmas Day), and as someone who has been a fan of animation for as long as I can remember, I cannot wait myself to see this film.  

Disney+ is not a streaming service to which the Missus and I subscribe in our house but methinks that it might be high time for a certain gentleman with a white beard to send it our direction. 

Good thing for me, I resemble just such a certain gentleman.  You did not think I was speaking of Santa Claus, did you?  You have to be on the "nice" list to get good stuff.  Over the years, I have received enough coal from St. Nick to qualify for my own zip code in Appalachia.  

I shall be so bold as to suggest that you take a break from the grind of your Wednesday for slightly less than the next three minutes and watch the trailer yourself.  Hopefully it will make you smile.  I know I did while I watched it. 



 
It is like the song says, "This life isn't fair, it's gonna get dark, it's gonna get cold. You've got to be tough, but that ain't enough".

It's all about soul. 

-AK 

No comments:

Post a Comment