Saturday, October 31, 2020

Your Laps Wouldn't Hardly Make No Sound

Here, on Halloween, not only is the moon full but we have recently learned, according to the brainiacs at NASA, water molecules have been discovered on its sunlit surface.   

While I suspect that for regular folks like me the discovery of water molecules on the moon's surface will likely have little impact on my day-to-day, its discovery intrigues me nonetheless.  It could turn out to be nothing.  It also could turn out to be important to astronauts on missions, whether to the moon or to a destination beyond it such as Mars.  I have run in enough races to appreciate the significance of a well-placed hydration stop.  

I suppose that it could also prove to be important for any developments Messrs. Bezos, Branson, or Musk might propose building there.  While I have never been a fan of a pool (I am an ocean boy through and through), if they can ever figure out the whole "zero gravity" issue, then the presence of water suggests that they could offer a pool as an amenity for a prospective buyer in "Sea of Tranquility Estates". Maybe even an infinity pool!  How cool would that be...again presuming they solve the riddle of how to keep you, your Speedo, and the water in which you are doggy-paddling attached to the Moon's surface.  

Actually, even if they do not figure out the solution to the whole "zero gravity" problem, swimming in your very own Moon infinity pool would still be a cool experience.  

It would simply be of the "once-in-a-lifetime" variety.




-AK 

  

No comments:

Post a Comment