Sunday, February 14, 2021

A Toast to Tomorrow's Sunshine

 Well, I will provide for you
And I'll stand by your side.
You'll need a good companion now
For this part of the ride.
Yeah, leave behind your sorrows
Let this day be the last
Well, tomorrow there'll be sunshine
And all this darkness past...
"Land of Hope and Dreams"
-Bruce Springsteen

I have been graced by the company of a simply exquisite companion and partner in all things for thirty years.  Margaret's strength and wisdom were on full display this past year as I spent time grappling with issues and harsh truths that had nothing to do with COVID-19 and, yet, everything to do with my day-to-day and ulimately decided to leave a job I had held for a very long time in favor of a new, exciting, and occasionally terrifying adventure.  Her courage gave me the courage I needed to make that decision. 

I am beyond being simply lucky to have her in my life.  I truthfully do not know how I would live without her.  

Here is to tomorrow's sunshine.  And to all the tomorrows to come. 

-AK 

No comments:

Post a Comment