Thursday, February 18, 2021

As It Should Be

As luck would have it, Your truly is likely to be among the last Americans to whom the COVID-19 vaccine is made available.  Who knew that being an unapologetically enthusiastic asshole was NOT a co-morbidity.  Rhetorical question, of course.  Everyone knew.

And you know what?  It is as it should be. 

Me?  I will be just fine, thank you.  As someone who has been socially distancing since birth, a few more months of officially-sanctioned social distancing shall do me no harm.  I assure you. 

I am ecstatic that a significant number of those people who I love most of all have thus far received at least the first shot of one of the two-shot varieties of the vaccine.  As long as they are protected, I am at peace.  

-AK 

2 comments:

  1. Once CT opened up the eligibility list to 65 and over Sigrid and I were able to get in line, metaphorically, for early March for part one of two shots, halfway across the state. I've already rolled up the sleeve on my shirt in preparation even though it's crushing my pack of Lucky Strikes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent! Very happy to hear it!

    ReplyDelete