Friday, February 19, 2021

You Can Pay Me Now...

Now they'd come so far
And they'd waited so long,
Just to end up caught in a dream
Where everything goes wrong. 
Where the dark of night
Holds back the light of day,
And you've gotta stand and fight
For the price you pay.
"The Price You Pay"
-Bruce Springsteen

As today - being a day of the week that ends in "y" - brings more snow to those of us living here in the State of Concrete Gardens, here is to hoping that this February, in which the weather has been profoundly different than its 2020 counterpart, is a portent of things to come for the remainder of 2021.  

This time last year, as we meandered our way through a February in which my snow shovel got less use than my treadmill, I remember thinking how great the weather had been and how much I was looking forward to March and spring.  How well did that work out?  

I will gladly trade a backache this afternoon for a return to a healthier, safer, and more life-like world in which to live this spring, this summer, and beyond.  

It is a price I shall pay.  

Gladly.

-AK 

No comments:

Post a Comment