Saturday, February 27, 2021

I Must Have Missed The Memo

Perhaps you did as well?  

We apparently have made it to our perfect place.  Get Yogi and Boo-Boo on the line.  For hours of my childhood Saturday mornings, I watched them (accompanied by Huckleberry Hound and others) on their quest for the elusive "perfect place":




Good news gentlemen.  Apparently we have found it.  We must have.  After all, if we had any real problems confronting us, then no right-thinking person would devote time or energy to rendering Mr. Potato Head and Mrs. Potato Head gender-neutral.  

Perhaps it is just the crusty old man in me elbowing his way to the fore but in more than a half-century on this planet, every moment of my existence has been spent either awake or asleep (presuming that one broadens the definition of "asleep" to include "passed-out drunk" - otherwise I have no way of explaining most nights of my early-to-mid twenties).  I have never spent a single moment being woke.  

Never have.  

Never will.

Spoiler alert, ladies and gentlemen.  Mr. Potato Head and Mrs. Potato Head are not actually male and female.  They are not even fucking potatoes.  They are toys.  

-AK 




No comments:

Post a Comment