Tuesday, April 28, 2020

The Dope is That There is Still Hope

Memorial Day is four weeks from today.
I know what it normally is and I love it,
and I hope it can be some form of that.
-New Jersey Governor Phil Murphy 


I applaud Governor Murphy for the manner in which he has mandated us New Jerseyans respond to the COVID-19 pandemic.  Do I enjoy being ordered to shelter-in-place? No.  Do I wish I was permitted unfettered access to my home in Lake Como and the boardwalk and beaches in Belmar, which I am not, because it is not my primary residence? Yes.  Do I have empathy for families truly suffering, whether physically, financially, or both, to a degree far beyond that I have experienced?  Yes.  

Governor Murphy's solution has not been a perfect one.  It was not - and is not - promised to be.  A wise person once told me that, "Perfect is the enemy of good."  I believe that his solution has been a good one.  Yesterday, in his daily COVID-19 briefing, he gave us a glimmer of hope.  

At this point in the program, a glimmer means a lot to me.  

Forgive me, I must depart. I have a bus to catch...




-AK 

No comments:

Post a Comment